3 Tablespoons water
1 Tablespoon golden flax meal
4 ½ cups all-purpose flour
2 ½ teaspoons active dry yeast
1 cup + 2 Tablespoons warm water
½ cup sugar
⅓ cup Vegan Butter melted
1 teaspoon salt
¾ cup brown sugar
2 Tablespoons Vegan Butter melted
2 Tablespoons maple syrup
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup powdered sugar
2 Tablespoons vanilla almond milk
1) In a small bowl whisk together the 3 Tablespoons water and the flax meal. Set aside. In another small bowl mix together warm water and yeast with a pinch of sugar. Set aside.
2) In a medium mixing bowl add the sugar, Vegan Butter, salt and whisk until well incorporated. Then add in flour.
3) Add the flax meal mixture to the bowl containing the yeast mixture and whisk until well combined. Add the wet ingredients to the bowl containing the flour mixture and stir to roughly combine.
4) Lightly dust a clean surface with flour and knead the mixture for 5 to 10 minutes. The dough should be firm and smooth, not sticky. Place the dough back into the mixing bowl, cover and place in a warm place like on top of the stove or in microwave for 1 hour. After 1 hour has passed, knead the dough for about 30 seconds and let it rest for 10 more minutes.
5) In a small bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, Vegan Butter, maple syrup and cinnamon. Set aside.
6) Roll the dough into a flat 16 x 20 inch rectangle. Spread the Vegan Butter, sugar and cinnamon mixture evenly on top using a dough scraper or spatula.
7) Carefully roll up the dough lengthwise so it’s 16 inches long. Cut it into 1 ½ inch sections with a sharp knife.
8) Preheat the oven to 400F (204C). Place the rolls close together, cut side up in a lightly greased 9×13 glass or ceramic baking dish. This will ensure that the rolls don’t unravel during baking.
9) Prepare the Vanilla Icing and set aside.
10) Bake for about 35 minutes or until golden brown, rotating the dish halfway through the baking duration. Pour the icing on the warm rolls before serving. You may want to heat the icing up a little so it can easily be poured.