This is the best homemade pizza I have ever made. It is quite simple to make as well.
Start with homemade whole wheat pizza dough.
Whole Wheat Pizza Dough
– 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons lukewarm water, (105-115°F)
– 1 package active dry yeast, (2 1/4 teaspoons)
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 2 cups whole-wheat flour, plus additional for dusting
– 2 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
– 2 teaspoons Rosemary
1. Stir water, yeast, and salt in a large bowl; let stand until the yeast has dissolved, about 5 minutes. Stir in whole-wheat flour, cornmeal and rosemary until the dough begins to come together. 2. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured work surface. Knead until smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes. (Alternatively, mix the dough in a food processor. Process until it forms a ball, then process for 1 minute to knead.) 3. Place the dough in an oiled bowl and turn to coat. Cover with a clean kitchen towel and set aside in a warm, draft-free place until doubled in size, about 1 hour. Roll out to desired size and place on greased baking sheet or pizza stone.
Add 1/2 cup of desired marinara, I like tomato basil. Top with 1 small chopped yellow onion, two large diced portabello mushroom caps, half of a medium butternut squash, cubed. Sprinkle with Herb de Provence, whatever amount you desire and 6oz of finely chopped hazelnuts. Finish with dollops of vegan yogurt cheese. Cook for 35 minutes at 425 degrees.