- 1/4 cup Earth Balance Butter
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup raw sugar
- 2 cups whole wheat or gluten free flour
- 1 Tbs. baking powder
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract or pure maple syrup (I love pure maple syrup in everything)
- 1/2 cup non dairy milk (my favorite for baking is rice milk)
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blackberries (I have blackberry bushes, so I pick them all summer and fall and freeze them to use later)
Preheat oven to 350F. Line 1/3-cup muffin cups with paper liners, or spray with cooking spray.
Mix all ingredients together in mixing bowl. Spoon into muffin cups, filling three-quarters full. Makes six large muffins.
Bake 35 minutes, or until tops are firm. Cool slightly on rack.